3 February 2013

Guacamole with apples

I just love avocados. I can sit down and eat an avocado or 2 in one go.
However, I like to prolong that pleasure, enter guacamole. I tried different moles and can honestly say that this one is my all times favorite. I saw it in a Mexican cookery book and amended it slightly to my taste, so here goes..


Ingredients (all organic):

2 large avocados
1 medium white onion
2-3 small green onions (scallions)
1-2 green chili peppers
1 large sweet crunchy apple
handful of coriander leafs
1/2 lemon or 1 whole lime
unrefined sea salt and black pepper to taste

Peel and roughly cut avocados, place them in a bowl and slightly mince them with a fork. Very finely cut the onions, roughly chop coriander, add into the mixture. Cut deseeded chili peppers and add them too. Peel the apple and cut it in small chunks, toss them in. Now add the lemon / lime juice and season with black pepper and salt, mix everything well. Try it and adjust seasoning if needed. You will have a pretty smooth mixture with pieces of apples in it. This is it, very quick and simple.

I usually eat mine with homemade sourdough crackers or on a piece of homemade sourdough bread. The contrast of chilly with smooth avocado and crunchy sweetness of an apple is heavenly. Go ahead and enjoy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment